How to Troubleshoot CurrentWare Console Remote Client Install
Here’s how to troubleshoot installing the client using the remote client install tool on the CurrentWare console if are….
encountering the following error messages after running the remote client install from the CurrentWare console:
- “RPC Server is unavailable”
- “Access is denied”
experiencing other issues with the Remote Client Install
Look at the following troubleshooting tips below to test the remote client installation:
- Turn off Firewall on the client computer is mandatory (under control panel)
- Turn off UAC on Windows Vista and Windows 7 computers.
- Use another administrative account: Try the local computer’s account. Try a different domain account.
- Make sure the destination computer is available: Try to ping the targeted computer.
- Include the domain name when entering username field (i.e. DomainAdministrator)
- Turn off Simple File Sharing on the client computer (under Folder Options)
- Try to use the IP address instead of the computer name, or vice versa.
If the troubleshooting steps above failed, then proceed with the following method to further troubleshoot.
- On the client computer, go to Start menu > run > type in regedit
- Locate and click the following key in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
- Locate the LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy key. If it does not exist, create it.
- From the menu, select Edit >New > DWORD Value (on 64-bit systems, select Edit > New > DWORD (32-bit) Value)
- Type LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy, and then press ENTER
- Right-click LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy, and then click Modify
- Change the value data to 1, and then click OK
If you are still experiencing issues using the remote client install tool using the CurrentWare console please try our other methods of installing the client to your computers such as the local client install, deployment by command line and more.
For more information or techincal assistance please contact our support team by emaill at email@example.com or by phone at 613-368-4300 ext. 4.